Emolice is the UK and Ireland exclusive distributor for POSITAL FRABA.
POSITAL FRABA is a German manufacturer that designs and markets sensors for motion control and safety assurance systems.
Products include POSITAL FRABA Rotary Encoders, Inclinometers and Draw Wires, as well as a large variety of accessories.
These products are used in a wide range of settings, from manufacturing to mining, agriculture to energy.
For the complete range of information on POSITAL measurement systems, download the catalogue.
The POSITAL Product Range
- Maintain Position Information When Power is Lost
- Wiegand Technology means No Battery Backup Necessary – Never Change Batteries
- Compact Size – Down to 36 mm Ø
- Stainless Steel, ATEX and SIL Encoders Available
- High Shock and Vibration Resistance
IXARC incremental encoders provide high-resolution measurement using an incremental interface and are available with common configurations such as A, B, Z, as well as inverted signals available as HTL (Push-Pull) or TTL (RS422).
- Any PPR up to 16384 Available
- Flexible Scaling Functionality
- Compact Size Down to 36 mm Ø
- Optional Stainless Steel and Heavy Duty Housings Available
- High Shock and Vibration Resistance
Absolute measurement versions provide 17 bit electrical resolution and multiturn position measurements with a range of more than one million revolutions.
- Electrical Resolution: Up to 17 Bit, Multiturn: Up to 32 Bit
- Accuracy: 0.1°
- Compact Size: 36 mm diameter, 24.2 mm Height
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +105°C
- Auto Calibration − No Complex Equipment
- Extensive Diagnostic Coverage
- Various Programmable Parameters
- Same Footprints as E5 and HEDS-5500 Models
- Various Hub Diameters from 4 mm to 10 mm (and 1/4 to 3/8 inch)
- Identical Assembly Procedure – No Training Required
- Magnetic Technology Which Is Generally More Robust Than Optical
- Improved Connectivity via M12 Connector Additional Available
With lengths ranging from 1 m to 15 m (3’ to 49’), LINARIX draw wire sensors are available in many configurations to meet an application’s requirements.
Options include a wide variety of outputs including analogue, fieldbus and Ethernet variants as well as heavy-duty housings and compact designs.
- Wide Selection of Measuring Lengths 1 to 15 m (3′ to 49′)
- Absolute Position Measurement with Resolutions up to 2 µm
- High Linearity even with Long Cycle Times
- Low Cost yet Rugged Construction
- Scalable Analogue Output to Fit Measuring Length
These tilt or level meters determine the pitch and/or roll angle and display these values as an output through the appropriate electrical interface.
- Well Protected up to IP69K
- Rugged and Compact Design
- Measurement Range ±80° (Dual Axis) or 360° (Single Axis)
A smart algorithm combines the signal of accelerometer and gyroscope to eliminate the effect of accelerations, vibrations and shocks, which might occur due to the rapid motion of the equipment.
- Compensation of External Accelerations
- Clean Measurement During Dynamic Movements
- Accuracy 0.3°
- Interfaces: CANopen
Static Inclinometers are equipped with a 2D MEMS accelerometer as a sensor cell, which helps to achieves a high level of accuracy in a static system or when the machine is only in a slow motion.
- Accuracy 0.1° or 0.5°
- Interfaces: CANopen, Analogue Current, Analogue Voltage, RS232, SSI, J1939, DeviceNet
Interface options from POSITAL
The various industrial applications that POSITAL encoders and inclinometers are used in often require interface features specific to that application.
IXARC optical encoders are compatible with a wide range of interfaces, including Bit-parallel, CANopen, DeviceNet, Profibus, Profinet IO + Ethernet/IP, Modbus, EtherCAT, Powerlink and Interbus.
TILTIX MEMS inclinometers are currently compatible with analogue, CANopen, SSI and DeviceNet interfaces, however, more interface options will be available soon due to the increase in demand.
The IXARC magnetic and optical encoders can give the position, speed, velocity, acceleration, alarms and warnings, whereas the inclinometer can only give out the position value.
While it is possible to add these functions to the TILTIX MEMS, it is unlikely to be hugely beneficial due to the constraints in its dynamic performance.
The availability of boot loaders in IXARC optical encoders and TILTIX MEMS inclinometers means that output parameters are flexible and enhanced.
Complexity of measurement
Complexity of measurement is a mixture of technology, processing of output and associated flexibility of measurements.
IXARC optical encoders have been developed over 50 years, which provides a complex and thorough solution with software flexibility. In comparison, IXARC magnetic encoders have a simple technology and few mechanical parts, meaning they require minimal maintenance.
TILTIX MEMS uses MEMS technology and has an array of capacitive electrodes for highly precise measurement. This means that the fully moulded TILTIX MEMS is protected from external contamination, extending its usable life.