POSITAL Absolute / Incremental Kit Encoders
Kit encoders are a cost effective alternative to resolvers and optical encoders for building rotary position measurement into motor feedback, valve, robot and industrial applications.
POSITAL‘s kit encoders offer a unique combination of accuracy, reliability and cost efficiency. The Absolute measurement versions provide 17 bit electrical resolution and multiturn position measurements with a range of more than one million revolutions. A second incremental version provides a combined Incremental+UVW output with a resolution of up to 16384 PPR.
Using contact free measurement technology means that the kit encoders have no moving parts and are highly resistant to shock and vibration. POSITAL’s kit encoders are available with several non-proprietary electrical interfaces including BISS and SSI for absolute measurements, UVW and ABZ for incremental signals. Additional protocols based on the RS485 interface can be implemented on request.
- Absolute Multiturn & Incremental Interface
- Electrical Interface: BISS C, SSI, RS485, Incremental TTL up to 16384 PPR + UVW
- No Battery – No Maintenance
- No Ball Bearings & Compact Design
- Insensitive to Dust and Moisture
- High Shock and Vibration Resistance
- Electrical Resolution: Up to 17 Bit, Multiturn: Up to 32 Bit
- Accuracy: 0.1°
- Compact Size: 36 mm diameter, 24.2 mm Height
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +105°C
- Auto Calibration − No Complex Equipment
- Extensive Diagnostic Coverage
- Various Programmable Parameters